Everyone has a different household cleaning job they dread. Whether it’s scrubbing the bathroom or everyday carpet cleaning, Grout Cleaning Melbourne locals will often end up calling in a professional to do many of their general cleaning tasks rather than spending the time on it themselves.
That said, there are certain household cleaning jobs where a good home remedy will sometimes suffice. For example, when it comes to carpet cleaning, many Melbourne folks rely on a homemade detergent solution to soak out a stain. But what about that famously tough job: tile and grout cleaning? Below is a super easy home remedy that works for many people.
This tile and grout cleaning method involves just three ingredients.
- Mix water and baking soda into a paste
- Using a spray bottle, spray some vinegar onto the tiles/grout
- Rub the baking soda paste into the grout with a toothbrush
- Leave the mixture on there for around 15 minutes
- Spray the tiles/grout with vinegar once more
- Rinse thoroughly with warm water
- Dry with a soft cloth
It may be simple, but this method is surprisingly effective when it comes to getting your tiles clean, shiny, and free of nasty mould.
You can boost your whitening power by adding some bleach to the mix.
- In a small container, combine ¾ cup of baking soda and ¼ cup of bleach with some water, mixing to make a paste
- Apply your mixture to the grout lines and leave to sit for 5-10 minutes
- Scrub the grout with a toothbrush to remove dirt, grime and mould
- Wait another 5-10 minutes, then rinse the cleaner off with water and a rag
If all else fails, the Squeaky Clean Team offers professional tile, grout and carpet cleaning Melbourne wide – so just give us a call.