Leather is known for blending style and sophistication with comfort and durability. However, it is also known for sensitive to certain stains and cleaning products. This is why many companies offering carpet cleaning in Melbourne will also offer a service in leather upholstery cleaning. While professional upholstery cleaning is highly recommended, below you’ll find some simple cleaning methods to help you keep your leather furniture looking great in between professional cleans.
While there are some jobs that will require professional upholstery and carpet cleaning, Melbourne households may choose to use these simple steps to keep their leather upholstery in top shape:
- Combine a solution of liquid moisturising soap with some water, mixing until sudsy
- Apply the solution to the leather with a soft cloth, making sure to wring out the cloth before application (you don’t want to soak the leather)
- Wipe the item to remove dirt and grime
- Dip a separate rag in clean water (no soap), wring out well, and wipe the leather to remove any soap residue
- Buff with a third rag to dry
- Polish as usual
Removal of Stains
- Mix one part lemon juice and one part cream of tartar into a paste
- Rub this paste into the stain
- Leave for around 10 minutes
- Apply another coat of the paste and rub it into the stain
- Use a damp sponge to remove the paste – and hopefully, the stain
- For extra cleaning power, apply a little bit of liquid moisturising soap to this damp sponge
As well as providing carpet cleaning to Melbourne households, the Squeaky Clean Team also offers a leading service in upholstery cleaning. Contact us today to book an appointment!