Our Carpet Drying Process
At The Squeaky Clean Team, we follow an effective 5 step process for carpet drying in Melbourne that takes care of everything so you don’t have to worry about a thing. We understand how stressful it can be to deal with flood damaged carpets. That’s why we offer fast and effective carpet drying to alleviate stress and get your carpets restored as soon as possible.
The Steps We Take for Effective Carpet Drying
When you choose our team for carpet drying, we will:
- Identify the affected areas and extent of damage – We’ll inspect your property to find out the extent of water damage and determine what areas require drying. We have specialist moisture meters to determine what has got wet.
- Provide all tools and equipment necessary for drying – Our team come fully equipped with dehumidifiers, air movers, and water extraction machines. We have all the tools needed to get the job done right.
- Extract water and place equipment for the best results – We’ll use our carpet cleaning machines to extract as much water as possible from your carpets before setting up our equipment in the best locations for fast and effective drying. Depending on the extent of damage, we may use either the top dry or floating carpet method for drying your carpets.
- Monitor the drying process – Using a moisture metre, we’ll keep a close eye on the drying process to ensure it’s progressing as it should. We’ll make sure the carpet, underlay and subfloor are showing signs of drying.
- Reinstall your carpets and provide a thorough clean – Once your carpets are dry, our team will reinstall them for you before providing steam cleaning to leave them clean and hygienic.
Is It Too Late to Dry My Carpets?
This depends on the type of carpet, its age and how long it’s been wet for. It also depends if it’s clean water or contaminated water. Wet carpet will soon start to smell. This is because bacteria has started to grow, and if the carpet is left unattended, this will turn to mould. Before you rip out the carpet, call in the experts, as we may be able to save it.
Even if your wet carpet has been sitting there for a few days, there’s still a good chance carpet drying can successfully be performed. However, acting fast is always the best approach, so it’s best to call us as soon as you notice flooding has occurred.
Should I Rip Out My Carpets & Save On Extraction & Drying Costs?
If the carpet is non-salvageable, we would recommend that it be removed. However, water may still need extracting and some drying required before removal can take place. The subfloor must be fully dry before any new carpet can be laid, otherwise this will soon go mouldy.
Will Carpet Drying Be Covered By My Insurance?
This depends on the type of insurance you hold. If you’re not sure if you’re covered, call our team and we can help you find out from your insurance company and assist you in submitting a claim.
If you’re claiming your water damage through insurance, we are happy to get paid once your insurance company pays you, meaning you won’t be left out of pocket.
If you’re concerned you aren’t covered, don’t be – let us help you. Other types of insurance may be available to you that you don’t know about.
Book Our Team for Carpet Drying in Melbourne Today
For professional carpet drying that won’t let you down, make The Squeaky Clean Team your first choice. We can attend to urgent jobs 24/7, helping to restore your carpets and minimise stress. Call us now on 1300 682 563 for a prompt response you can depend on.